Have been the Editor-In-Chief for “AdLife”, the first classified magazine in the field of advertisement and marketing, in Egypt (Frozen)
– Served in the Cairo International Film Festival (CIFF) as the foreign press coordinator, press conferences moderator, and English editor in the festival (2006-2014) successively. The CIFF is the only film festival in the region that has been granted the international license form the FIAPF (Fédération Internationale des Associations de Producteurs de Films; English: International Federation of Film Producers Associations)
– Have been a regular guest speaker on air in local and regional channels discussing media issues and concerns in Egypt and the Middle East such as:
– Participating in a ‘live coverage’ news program every Saturday since October 2010,-2015) as a commentator in presenting and analyzing weekly news and reading daily Egyptian newspapers in the daily 90 minutes program “Breakfast Show on Nile TV from 8:30 a.m. till 10 a.m.
– Participated as a member of the jury / committee evaluating works and productions to settle for the prizes delivered at the Student Awards Ceremony (SAC) Event.
– Designed, conducted and coordinated Training the Trainer (TOT) proposal for the Media Development Program (MDP) of the USAID for the American University in Cairo (AUC).
– Participated in a panel for the 12th Annual Conference of the Arab-U.S. Association for Communication Educators AUSACE 2007 in Dubai, discussing “Media Education and Globalization in the Middle East”.
– Participated with other national and international scholars, for two successive days in The Media Diversity Institute Reporting diversity Curricula Development Workshop for the Media Diversity Institute (MDI), with the support of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office UK Embassy in Cairo. Reporting Diversity Curriculum Framework was discussed among other topics in the workshop in the period 12-13 November 2007.
– Conducted and executed workshops for Communication Skills, Negotiation Skills and Presentation Skills workshops for the ‘Institute of Diplomatic Studies’ at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the third year successively, and received an honorary medal for the mission, from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2002-2011).
– Administered, presented, and designed, moderated and monitored workshops and presentations about communication and presentation skills as well as class management at AUC, Amideast and other establishments, in the form of lectures, workshops, sessions and/or presentations (2002-2011).
– Participated in the AUC Conference 28-30 2007 with a panel titled: “Teaching By Assessment: JMC Initiative.”
– Participated in a roundtable open discussion about “Film and Ideology; the “Yacoubian Building” with renowned author Dr. Alaa AlAswani, and film director Mr. Marwan Hamed in the AUC Conference 28-30 2007.
– Designed, planned and executed the curriculum for ‘Media Writing Program Amideast initiated in March 2006.
– Designed and taught the curriculum for “Introduction to Writing for the Media” (Core Course), at the “International Academy for Media Science” (IAMS) at “The Media City” in 6th of October city.
– Designed, administered, executed, conducted, corrected and graded the English Language Placement Exams for the “International Academy for Media Science” (IAMS), of the Media Production City Corporation at the 6th October City.
– Have given several Presentation Skills workshops for the Institute of Diplomatic Studies at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other organizations for Amideast.
– Taught preparation to TOEFL Tests I-III (advanced) CBT at the English Studies Division (ESD) at AUC.
– Taught preparation to International TOEFL Computer Based Test (CBT) at AMIDEAST Cairo.
– Worked as ‘Stage Advisor’ for the intermediate levels at the English Studies Division (ESD) at AUC, and teaching general English.
– Taught ‘Advanced English in the Strategic Technical Assistance for Results with Training / Egypt Development Program (START-EDP), ELTT Program, sponsored by USAID at AMIDEAST Cairo.
– Designed sessions and lessen plans and worked (teaching and planning lessons) at the Ministry of Education in the Teacher Training Program via video conferencing in the joint venture between AUC / CACE (Center for Adult and Continuing Education) and the Ministry of Education (MOE) in 1998 2000).
– Trained teachers via video conferencing in the Ministry of Education through the CACE/AUC since June 1998-2000.
– Designed and revised ‘Final Achievement Exams’ for the intermediate levels at ESD/AUC.
– Planned, supplied and upgraded material and quizzes for the new curriculum applied in the intermediate level courses for ESD/AUC.
– Designed and taught the curriculum for “Boosting English Courses”, levels I and II, at IAMS at the Media City in 6th of October city.
– Planned lessons of methodology, phonology and language proficiency for the ESD/ AUC program in the teacher-training program via video conferencing for the Egyptian Ministry of Education (1998-2000).
– Trained Iraqi journalists feature and soft news writing in workshops teaching advanced reporting and print writing, in a training program at AUC.
– Taught ‘Preparation to TOEFL’ to Faculty of Agricultures doctors and professors at Cairo University, in a training program via Amideast.
– Taught ‘Preparation to TOEFL’ in a teacher training program at ‘Ain Shams’ University, in a training program via AUC (ESD/ Contracts).
– Taught English language for the Advanced level at the EAB Bank.
– Participated in ‘Assessments Course’ at ESD/AUC.
– Have attended all TEFL conferences held at AUC; participated in organizing and monitoring some of them.
– Attended and participated in the Arab/US Association for Communication Educators Conference (AUSACE) held via AUC in the current year 2005.
– Participated in and attended communication conferences held at AUC.
– Applied to present at TESOL 2002/2003 held in USA, with a proposal entitled “Trainees’ versus trainers” perceptions toward video-conferencing.
– Received: the Senate Executive Committee member distinguished service award presented to Prof. Mervat Abou Oaf for exemplary service and dedication to the Mission of the University Senate. May 18 2013. The President’s Catalyst for Change Award presented to Prof. Mervat Abou Oaf for her citizenship and service May, 2013; nominated several times for the AUC Teaching and Service Excellence Awards.